DRIVELVILLE

This way to your one stop drivel shop where all of my inner most thoughts about dating are here for your amusement.

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Not-A-Date Update

I learned that Mr. Econ Guy does indeed still have a girlfriend and yet the whole evening felt like a date. The only thing undatey about Saturday night was that nothing happened and he didn't even try anything. Once again he went the entire evening without mentioning his girlfriend. You would think that he would at least say something in passing like; "My girlfriend and I went to that movie and hated it." or "My girlfriend is out of town, gosh I'm lonely." Something!

While we were hanging out having a beer after the play I decided to have some fun and mess with him a little, it went something like this;


Me - "Hey, there's something I've been wanting to ask you...it's kinda personal...gosh this is really awkward."

Mr. Econ Guy wearing the distinct wide-eyed look of sheer terror - "Uh, ok?"

Me [taking a long pull from my beer, drawing out the squirm factor] - "Well....are you...[long dramatic pause]...the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby?"

Mr. Econ Guy digesting the non-girlfriend inquisition banter, smiles, looks relieved - "Not that I'm aware!"


After that he seemed to relax a little. It's funny, I have absolutely no idea what his intentions are but I'm enjoying this little mystery. It's fun learning about him and enjoying his company and it also doesn't hurt that he's completely adorable. He's going out of town for a little while but when he gets back we have already made plans for another non-date at the Walker museum followed by dinner at a schwanky restaurant. It will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter