DRIVELVILLE

This way to your one stop drivel shop where all of my inner most thoughts about dating are here for your amusement.

Friday, January 05, 2007

If the cradle's a-rockin don't come a-knockin?

Recently, I was having dinner at an Indian restaurant with a few friends. Our waiter was adorable in that classic East Indian way - tall, dark, handsome, exotic *sigh*. At the end of the meal I made a comment to my dinner mates about how good looking he was and Randy suggested that I ask him out. Of course I was firmly against the idea but Randy likes to tease and badger me and presented the question to the group - "Why not?" That got me to thinking deeply - Why not indeed?

First of all it's just plain tacky to ask a waiter out - everyone knows that - but more importantly he was probably at least ten years younger than me. Randy said he didn't understand why women were so hung up about dating younger men. Good question. I'm hung up about dating younger guys because I've tried it (a few times) and was sorely disappointed. Most guys I've met who are 30 or under are still playing games - literally. And they think that just because I'm older and own property I wanna be their sugar momma. Hell, I don't want to be anyone's momma! The sex isn't that earth shattering either. In my experience older men, despite having less stamina (although that's not always the case) are more skilled and more grateful.

But are there Pro arguments that I'm just ignoring? Am I missing out on a wonderful relationship just because I feel sea-sick at the thought of rockin the cradle? What would be a valid reason to date a 28 year old? Nope - can't think of any either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter