DRIVELVILLE

This way to your one stop drivel shop where all of my inner most thoughts about dating are here for your amusement.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Munch munch munch, yes I'd like another vowel please

As I was writing that last post a little eensy-teensy voice kept saying "Oooh girl, you are so going to eat those words." And sure enough I am now eating them.

But first a little history; last September while at a party I was introduced to a very handsome guy (lets call him Econ guy because he's an economics professor) and his leggy, exotic girlfriend. We hit it off immediately and later I invited them to my party. Econ guy came to my party sans girlfriend, apparently she preferred the bar scene downtown. We stayed in touch via e-mail and phone tag but didn't hang out again until a couple nights ago when he called me at work to see what I was doing that evening. I had a great time but he didn't once mention his girlfriend all night even though I commented on how tidy his house was despite being a bachelor pad. I said, "Wow, your place is really tidy! Especially being a bachelor pad but then you must have to keep it clean since you have a woman over all the time, huh?" And damn it, he didn't take the bait. All he did was mumble something about, "I just like to keep my place clean, that's all." So I still have no idea if he's spoken for or not. And in case you're wondering, nothing happened! NOTH.ING.

I thought that Mr. Econ guy was closer to my age but I learned that he's exactly ten years younger than me. Whoops! He looks and acts much more mature. So now I'm perplexed. First, there's the question of his intentions, friendship or not? He didn't make any moves on me but his eyes said "Yeeees". And second, he's TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME! Even if he did want to date me how could it possibly work??? I've got much to think about...oh these vowels are quite tasty, could use a little salt though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter