DRIVELVILLE

This way to your one stop drivel shop where all of my inner most thoughts about dating are here for your amusement.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Date? Not-A-Date!

Lets play a little game shall we? I call it 'Date? Not-A-Date!' It's very simple, I just have to figure out if I'm going on a real date or not. I had an extra ticket to a play my friend is starring in so I invited Mr. Econ Guy. His reply (via e-mail) was short and to the point as usual. "Ok, I can go. It will be good to see you again." We're meeting this Saturday before the play at a Chinese restaurant.

Some of the aspects of this occasion feel like a date;
a) We have agreed to meet at a specific place at a specific time.
b) We're meeting for dinner and a play.

On the other hand there are things that feel distinctly un-datey;
a) He's not picking me up nor did he offer to do so.
b) I did the asking.
c) I chose the restaurant and we will most likely go dutch.

Hmmmm, I guess I just answered my own question. I'm thinking this isn't a date. Good thing too because the forecast is for snow. There's nothing quite so pathetic as a thirtysomething lady attempting to look sexy in a huge, long, puffy coat and ungainly furry boots. Saaaad :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter