DRIVELVILLE

This way to your one stop drivel shop where all of my inner most thoughts about dating are here for your amusement.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Odd Triumph

Saturday night found me at a fabulous party hosted by some fabulous friends all connected to the media - mostly film makers. It was one of those parties that made you feel comfortable enough to approach anyone you didn't know without fear of appearing like a freak. This is Minnesota. People just don't normally do that.

I spied a very cute guy standing alone and after checking for a ring decided I was interested however on this occasion I thought it would be prudent to follow The Rules and wrangle a more formal introduction rather than approaching him alone. As luck would have it the first person I grabbed (Mark) just happened to know who this McCutey was, assured me that he was single and made the introductions.

The rest of the night McCutey and I talked, laughed and flirted but he didn't ask me for my number! The old me would have offered it to him without his asking or worse I would have asked him for his number but not this time. As I was leaving the party I simply told him I enjoyed meeting him which gave him one more opportunity to ask - but he didn't. In an odd way I feel triumphant. I played by The Rules and in doing so kept my dignity and morals intact. If there is one thing I've learned about men and dating it's this; If he doesn't ask you for your number there is usually a very good reason for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter